New Poster Studies (and an old one)

Poster studies are a big part of my process so I wanted to share some recent one and also the first still life one that I did (that I love). I always create a small poster of a painting that I'm attempting to do so that I can work out composition, color composition, values and also to see if this is going to make it past this stage and to a full painting.

Most of the time these will make it to a final painting but sometimes its playing with the elements and tweaking them before working the final painting.

I've always received good feedback on these as they tend to be a bit looser and the color is pushed sometimes a bit more than what I optically see or will put in the final painting.


Ducks Poster Study I
4 x 8
2014




Ducks Poster Study II
6 x 8
 2014



Sidecar Study
6 x 8
2014

Acorn Squash Study
3 x 5
2010

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Color Wheel/Color Theory

Step by Step: Still Life

Small Series of drink paintings