Color Wheel/Color Theory


Last year I was able to work on doing a color wheel with Carlos Madrid. Carlos studied color theory with Michael Aviano for a few years. He had me come to his studio and work with him once a week over a 3 month span.

I started by creating a value scale, based off of the Munsell Color System. From there I worked to get the color as accurate as I could, and worked mixing the lightest colors to the darkest colors. The end result of my color wheel represents the highest chroma of each color. After working the highest chroma, I then went and created a value string of each color, using my value scale. In the end I have a very valuable color wheel that I use when painting still life's.

Comments

Virginia Bryant said…
This is the nicest color wheel i've seen. i want one!

Popular posts from this blog

Step by Step: Still Life

Small Series of drink paintings