Whistler House Museum of Art: Annual Juried Show




Once again, I am in The Whistler House Museum of Art's Annual Juried Members Exhibit 2011. The Museum is the birthplace of James McNeil Whistler and provides the city of Lowell Massachusetts with beautiful art and history.

I am humbled once again, as they chose to put my painting on the postcard that was mailed out for the exhibit. If you are in the area, come check out the exhibit. This year there are 51 artists that are part of the show, with a nice diversity of work.


The piece I submitted is called "Gorch Fock" oil on linen, 20 x 24. The Gorch Fock was a German Ship built in 1933. During WWII the ship was used as a stationary office ship in Straslund. My wife and I are big fans of WWII history so researching is always a fun part of my process.

Annual Juried Members Exhibit 2011

November 19 to December 30
Reception: November 19 from 2 to 4 pm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Color Wheel/Color Theory

Step by Step: Still Life

Small Series of drink paintings